[fpc-pascal] Set size limit

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 15:00:39 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> No.  As far as I understand, sets are stored in 1 byte internally - as
> binary values. 256 is the max number of elements (bit values) it can
> hold in a byte.

This is one area where FPC could actually improve things.
The 1 byte limit is purely historical. There are no 8-bit CPUs
supported by FPC that would justify it.

I am annoyed by some LCL bugs which are there only for Delphi compatibility.
This issue is similar. This kind of artificial limitation could easily be fixed.
I think it should apply for {$mode objfpc} only.

Juha