[fpc-pascal] warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:35:50 CET 2013

Yes, I know this warning can be ignored, and every active member of
this list knows it, too.
However new users don't know it. Everybody who tries FPC / Lazarus for
the first time will scratch their heads and use Google, trying to find
out where exactly they forgot to put this "-T".

My workmate decided to try Lazarus after I had advertised it.
This was the first thing that he, too, noticed and reported to me.
Yes, Google gives links like:
  http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=13500.0
which finally clarify the situation.
Still, is there really no way to get rid of this warning?
I understand it comes from "ld". Is patching "ld" the only way?

Regards,
Juha

P.S.
The big executable size was the second thing he noticed but that is
another issue. We can improve that later with default buid modes in
Lazarus.