[fpc-pascal] It is possible to pass command line to pascal

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Jun 30 14:48:49 CEST 2013

On 6/30/2013 08:14, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Rainer Stratmann wrote:
>> On Sunday 30 June 2013 12:32:30 you wrote:
>>> If I had to go on, what's that -r supposed to be doing?
>>
>> It is not too difficult to find out.
>>
>> If you speed up your engine then you can find out that he wants to know the
>> actual Linux kernel number.
>>
>> 'uname -r'
>
> In which case why is he putting ls in front of it? -r is a valid option to both
> uname and ls, so since we're already looking at a broken command it's entirely
> valid to ask which it's supposed to apply to.

agreed... the example given by the OP is incorrect to start with...

$ ls uname -r
ls: cannot access uname: No such file or directory

$ sudo ls uname -r
[sudo] password for user:
ls: cannot access uname: No such file or directory

perhaps someone should slow down their engine and look closer at what is posted? ;)