[fpc-pascal] Non-Latin (non-English) identifiers for COM automation

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 09:01:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

is it possible for fpc to allow using non-english characters for symbols
when COM-automation is used?
An accountant-related application very popular here in Russia mostly uses
Cyrillic symbols for naming methods and properties of their OLE Object.
They probably have English counterparts, but they're very hard to find
since not so many uses this software outside of Russia.

Delphi starting some version seems to support non-latin identifiers, at
least I saw examples at the web. But I currently doesn't have access to
latest versions.

Or is there any other way to access some ole identifier other than direct
referencing so instead of
  OleVariant.SomeMethodMaybeNonLatin...
  OleVariant.IntermediateAccess('SomeMethodMaybeNonLatin') ....

Thanks,

Max Vlasov