[fpc-pascal] How to save a huge XML?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Jun 19 17:57:14 CEST 2013

On 19/06/13 13:17, Marcos Douglas wrote:

> Yes, but my client wants XML... another process will use it.

If the "another process" is also under your control, then maybe you can
educate the client about not using XML. Yes, I know that is a tall order
- some client are idiots and just go with flashy words they heard
elsewhere, and think it must be a requirement.

Your only [sane] alternative would then be to NOT use TXMLDocument, pray
that your XML format isn't too complex, then use TFileStream (or
something similar), and generate the XML lines one by one, using simple
string concatenation or Format() statements etc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -