[fpc-pascal] How to save a huge XML?

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Wed Jun 19 14:22:31 CEST 2013

On 06/19/2013 02:44 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 06/18/2013 02:35 PM, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> Today I call WriteXMLFile(Doc, AFileName) but I have XML with 5G,
>> 10G.. 30G...
>>
>> What the best way to save "line by line"?
>>
> Why not push it through a stream compressor ?
>
> -Michael

In cases like the it is best practice for the reporter change their
implementation.

Stream Compression, and other things won't help.  This is a limitation
of strings and memory allocation w/r/t xml.

I would suggest that the reporter just implement function toXML()
method(s) to construct XML data as a string and use
T(File/Memory)Stream.  This method has worked well for me.

--
Andrew Brunner

Aurawin LLC
15843 Garrison Circle
Austin, TX 78717

https://aurawin.com

Aurawin is a great new way to store, share, and explore all your content
featuring our innovative cloud social computing platform.