[fpc-pascal] is there a ready to use FPC Cross compiler x86-Linux -> MIPS-linux?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Wed Jun 12 12:08:39 CEST 2013

The other Michael answering now ;-)

Just for fun I downloaded the deb-file you described below, the deb
package seems to include the correctly named  binaries at correct places:

x ./usr/bin/
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-addr2line
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-c++filt
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-ld.bfd
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-gprof
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-strip
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-size
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-ld
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-nm
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-elfedit
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-ar
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-strings
x ./usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-readelf

So please type:

/usr/bin/mipsel-linux-gnu-as -help

if you see the help text then everything is correctly installed on your
system.

Now make sure that you have BINUTILSPREFIX=mipsel-linux-gnu-as on your
commandline whenever you try to compile a binary for mips and you should
be sure that you are indeed using the right cross-versions of as & friends.

And now I'd start on commandline to see if everything works. Here's an
example that should also work for you:

STEP1:
<PATHWHEREYOURCROSSCOMPILERIS>/ppcrossmipsel -Tlinux -Pmipsel
-XPmipsel-linux-gnu- hello.pas

when this works and you get a binary (verify it by doing a:
mipsel-linux-gnu-objdump -a hello.elf)

then next is:

STEP2:
fpc -Tlinux -Pmipsel -XPmipsel-linux-gnu- hello.pas

this will kick in the magic of fpc that selects the crosscompiler based
on the fpc config files

If this build fails you will need to find out if fpc looks at the right
places for your crosscompiler and your tools.

STEP3:

fpc -Tlinux -Pmipsel -XPmipsel-linux-gnu- hello.pas -vt

will help you a lot diagnosing problems with wrong paths.

if this now also works then you should have a look on integrating those
parameters into lazarus (STEP4), doing it this way instead of starting
with step four before step one should make your live a lot easier
because the level of complexity and possible problems rises from step to
step.