[fpc-pascal] Some general questions - I've been away from fpc for a while

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 5 21:50:13 CEST 2013

On 05.06.2013 12:59, Peter Brooks wrote:
> How well is JSON integrated with fpc - I see that there is a package,
> and it supports some reading and writing, but, can you import
> instantiate a new object from a JSON schema?

There is a unit fpJsonRTTI which allows you to read and write classes
which contain RTTI information. I've not used it yet, but it sounds
promising. You should read up on the topic of RTTI in Free Pascal/Delphi
though to understand any restrictions this approach might impose. For
example here:
http://www.blong.com/Conferences/BorConUK98/DelphiRTTI/CB140.htm

Regards,
Sven