[fpc-pascal] FPC to create PHP extensions for Linux

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Sun Jun 2 02:45:34 CEST 2013

Anybody have an opinion about writing dynamic extensions for PHP in free
pascal?

The samples and discussion at:

http://community.freepascal.org/bboards/message?message_id=342130&forum_id=24082

Indicates PHPToolkit, but all of the definitions inside these file are
way out of date.

My current PHP version is 5.4.10 and the compiler directives deal with
5.2.x at the highest.

And the API version is 2001xxxx while the current is 20100525 and higher.

So either I have to inspect the header files in PHP to see what changes
have been made
and then do a bunch of testing on struct sizes so I have the header
files ported correctly.

And it also does not seem to handle 64 bit linux that well since there
are a lot of records with
Word sizes (16 bit) but I need unsigned long int values. (Cardinal)

So if anybody has done anything recent with this on a more recent
version of PHP, pass along
a shout out.

Thanks for any answer,

md