[fpc-pascal] Re: [Lazarus] Should TObject or TComponent have a Comment property?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 21:22:38 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Kenneth Cochran
<kenneth.cochran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have
> a ballpark guess as to how much effort would it take to extend the tooltip
> for the component pallet to display the <short> tag from the FPDoc info?

The hint is set in unit ide/ComponentPalette, line 744 in Lazarus trunk.
I don't have details for getting the FPDoc info but you can study the
code yourself. It is used for example in the Object Inspector's
Information Box below the properties.
I don't think the feature requires much code once you have figured out
where to get the needed data. This is typical in a big project. A
commit with only few lines of code has required many hours of studying
the existing code.

May the source be with you! :)

Juha