[fpc-pascal] Console Encoding in Windows (Local VS. UTF8)

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 14:38:20 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-10 11:19, Tomas Hajny wrote:

> Sure, but you can't select just any True Type fonts for console windows
> (only Lucida is offered in WinXP;

And is so since Win95. Just amazing that Windows Console is so far
behind other platforms - it's rather ridiculous if you think about it.

If I used Windows, I would install a different console application —
there must be better after-market ones out there. But yes, this probably
doesn't solve your or your clients problems.

Anyway, here is some background information on Microsoft's terrible
Console Window.

Why are console windows limited to Lucida Console and raster fonts?

 http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2007/05/16/2659903.aspx

Here is how you can add more fonts — but you are on your own (the words
from Microsoft):

  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247815

Regards,
  G.