[fpc-pascal] How to use UART of ARM platforms (e.g. Raspberry Pi ) through free Pascal?

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Thu Jul 4 16:09:47 CEST 2013

On 07/04/2013 05:08 AM, Dennis Poon wrote:
> thanks.
> I am not using the fpc email as it seems off topic.
>
> May I know the exact brand and model number of the adapter you used?
> I have an ATEN usb-to-serial cable (UC-232A) but I am not sure how to
> connect its serial pins to rs-485 's DIFFERENTIAL LINES and how to set
> that adapter into half-duplex translation mode.
>
> Dennis

My favorite is the USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT made by FTDI.  It is sold by
many companies:
   http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBRS485.htm

It supports 24000 baud which many other adapters don't.

I've only used it under Windows but as it is made by FTDI I would think
using it under Linux should be no problem.

www.CtrlTerm.com has Synapse and SynaSer code that should work on the
RPi (for serial and TCP/IP communication) as I did test that recently.
Please let me know if you have any problems and I will do further
testing on my RPi.