[fpc-pascal] Compiling arm-embedded fpc

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu Jan 24 22:05:14 CET 2013

I could reproduce the problem on Fedora 18 x86_64. The error shows up in
revision 23457, the only file changed in this revision is
compiler/arm/aoptcpu.pas.

Checkin comment for file was:

Revision *23457*
<http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&revision=23457>
- (view
<http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/compiler/arm/aoptcpu.pas?revision=23457&view=markup>)
(annotate
<http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/compiler/arm/aoptcpu.pas?annotate=23457>)
- [select for diffs]
<http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/compiler/arm/aoptcpu.pas?r1=23457&view=log>

Modified /Sun Jan 20 14:57:43 2013 UTC/ (4 days, 6 hours ago) by /florian/
File length: 108993 byte(s)
Diff to previous 23456
<http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/compiler/arm/aoptcpu.pas?r1=23456&r2=23457>

* improve ShiftShiftShift2ShiftShift to look further ahead
* check register usage so the destination register can be differen

On a mac the problem does not exist, there i can build latest revision
in svn without problems after applying Jeppe's patch for the IT problem
(Thank you for that one, Jeppe!!)

So, Koenraad, perhaps you can do a svn update -r 23456 (or 23455) and
retry the build, then you should hopefully have a very recent version of
arm-embedded compiler+rtl.

The compiler segfaults when trying to compile rtl:

make -C embedded all
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ring/devel/fpc/rtl/embedded'
/usr/bin/mkdir -p /home/ring/devel/fpc/rtl/units/arm-embedded
/home/ring/devel/fpc/compiler/ppcrossarm -Cparmv7m @rtl.cfg -Ur
-Tembedded -Parm -XParm-embedded- -Xr -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fi../inc -Fi../arm
-FE. -FU/home/ring/devel/fpc/rtl/units/arm-embedded -darm -dRELEASE  -Us
-Sg system.pp
make[3]: *** [system.ppu] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ring/devel/fpc/rtl/embedded'

Michael