[fpc-pascal] xmlConfig Documentation

John jszcmpr at netspace.net.au
Fri Jan 18 08:06:43 CET 2013

On 01/17/2013 08:38 PM, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> John,
>
> it would be great if you could write something on that wiki page...
> Not aware of existing docs either...

Done.  See http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/xmlconf.

In doing this, a few extensions come to mind:

1)  Ability to set the string values used for boolean constants, as is
possible in some other components.

2) A method Setkey(Paths:array of Widestring) which would clear the
existing key stack and add each element of Paths as a separate stack
element.  (This is just a "convenience").

3) Ability to enumerate the siblings and children of a node.  This
ability exists in the TXMLDocument object used by XMLConfig, but as the
object is declared "protected", it seems impossible to achieve this
without modifying TXMLConfig or creating a descendant.

At the moment, I am planing to do the above and some
current-project-specific additions in a descendant class, but if the
above is of general interest, I could either produce a patch to
XMLConfig or a descendant class for the 'general' extensions.

cheers,
John Sunderland