[fpc-pascal] make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Jan 15 21:41:53 CET 2013

On 15 Jan 13, at 18:58, Eric Kom wrote:

> > Apologies for my poor threading here, but a message got lost in the
> > spam trap.

> > >Thanks for the bootsrap link.
> > >
> > > But I got another problem during linking process:
> > > fp.pas(553,1) Error: Error while linking
> > > fp.pas(553,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
> > > Fatal: Compilation aborted
> > > make[5]: *** [fp] Error 1
> > > make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/ide'
> >
> > You've not put in enough context, but I'd guess that it can't find the
> > libgdb library for the fp IDE (which not many people use, and I think
> > that you've successfully built the main fpc compiler etc). Try setting
> > PP as before, then
> >
> > make NOGDB=1 OPT='-O- -gl -Xs-' all
> the build process went successful.
>
> it failed again during make install:
> make rtl_distinstall FPC=/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/compiler/ppc386
> ZIPDESTDIR=/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc FPCMAKE=__missing_command_FPCMAKE
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc'
> make -C rtl distinstall
> make[4]: Entering directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/rtl'
> make -C linux all
> make[5]: Entering directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/rtl/linux'
> make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/rtl/linux'
> __missing_command_FPCMAKE -p -Ti386-linux Makefile.fpc
> make[4]: __missing_command_FPCMAKE: Command not found
> make[4]: *** [fpc_install] Error 127
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/rtl'
> make[3]: *** [rtl_distinstall] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc'
> make[2]: *** [installbase] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc'
> make[1]: *** [installbase] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> missing command fpcmake

As already suggested by Jonas (and also by me when giving it as the
first option in my list of options), regular installation of the last
release should be the first choice (and anything else is not
supported). That said, possible workaround for your particular case
would be using the newly created fpcmake binary (probably already
built in fpcsrc/utils/fpcm/ before the step which failed for you) -
either in its original place or by copying it elsewhere first; you
can inform FPCMAKE of its location by adding
FPCMAKE=.../fpcsrc/utils/fpcm/fpcmake to the make command.

Still, I agree to Jonas that standard installation should be
preferred over these workarounds (which are primarily intended for
situations when the standard solution cannot be used).

Tomas