[fpc-pascal] Re: differences between .pp and .pas files

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 10:48:33 CET 2013

On 2013-02-25 23:51, Joao Morais wrote:

> find -type f -executable

I know that, but I use Midnight Commander for all my file management
needs. 99% of the times it is much easier to enter my search criteria in
MC - executables being the exception (or I haven't figured out how to do
it yet in MC).

Also searching with your example on a mounted NTFS or FAT32 formatted
USB drive, means everything is executables.

> And nothing prevents you from naming your
> nix executables with the .exe extension.

I know that too, but I wanted something to distinguish between a Linux,
FreeBSD and Windows executable all lying in the same directory. Before,
I used .exe for Windows, and .elf for Linux. But now that I use FreeBSD
too, .elf doesn't distinguish between Linux and FreeBSD.

So Waldo's idea might just do the trick.

Application is "foo"
  foow.exe  - Windows
  fool.exe  - Linux
  foof.exe  - FreeBSD  (or "b" for FreeBSD)

Anyway, I'll play around with this idea.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/