[fpc-pascal] OT a bit - Planet Object Pascal

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Feb 18 02:54:43 CET 2013

On 2/17/2013 19:40, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Sunday 17 February 2013 18:45:50 schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
>> Am 17.02.2013 18:10, schrieb ik:
>>> Nice, Pascal is at the same level of usage and exposure as gcc, Linux
>>> kernel and llvm,
>>
>> And you think some fancy webpage filled with java script (which is
>> turned off in my browser) would change this?
>
> In my opinion it would be ok to make the webpage a little bit more eyecandy.

eyecandy isn't worth any more than regular candy... candy is candy which is only
a sweet to attract those who can't/won't stomach the reality of the basics...

   a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down...

> That can be done also without java script(!)

agreed... but too many are wrapped up in making candy to suck on rather than a
real meal that actually satisfies the hunger...