[fpc-pascal] dglOpenGL <-> GL, GLu, GLExt

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:01:55 CET 2013

There is an OpenGL unit named dglOpenGL, maintained by
www.delphigl.com, and used by many projects.

I want to use the units provided by FPC instead, namely GL, GLu and GLext.
Mostly everything can be found from those units, except for one function:
  InitOpenGL;
It finds OpenGL functions from shared libs and maps them to function pointers.

Q: how am I supposed to initialize OpenGL when using units provided by FPC?

I am also using the TOpenGLControl component provided by LCL, for
cross-platform OpenGL context.
I understand it basically takes care of the drawing window for OpenGL.
The OpenGL initialization must be done before that. (?)

In fact the dglOpenGL unit is cross-platform, too, but I would like to
use the built-in units as much as possible.

Juha