[fpc-pascal] Re: Configuration file handling

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Sat Feb 16 14:55:19 CET 2013

On Feb 16, 2013, at 2:37 AM, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Security problems with world-writable files? Yes, that problem applies
> to *nix as well but Mark has given no indication his config files are
> world-writable. (Even if the logins Mark speaks of run under different
> user accounts, there's such a thing as groups on *nix, too :) )

My only concern for using Ini files is invalid data because the entire Ini will stream out and replace the file.  If one thread has data that differs from another the order of writing becomes important.  If all data refers to the same user, make sure your data is stored in an offshoot of the appropriate sandbox.  I think the method getAppConfigDir might prove useful if this is they way you decide to go...