[fpc-pascal] Compiling arm-embedded fpc

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu Feb 14 20:08:00 CET 2013

I might have found a hack to solve your linking problem for arm-embedded
on linux, unfortunately I am not an expert on gnu ld, but perhaps this
here gives a hint to somebody that knows how to properly solve your problem:

First, create a script names arm-embedded-ld with the following content:

#!/bin/sh
sed --in-place "s^*(.comment)^*(.comment)\n    *(.note, .note.*)^g" link.res
/usr/local/bin/arm-embedded-ld $*

do a chmod 755 on the script so that you are able to execute it and now
make sure that the script is found in your path before the original
arm-embedded-ld binary so that fpc calls the small script instead of the
real linker.

The problem seems to be that there is no definition for the note section
in the link.res file. the small script adds this section, then the real
linker gets called and all are happy (I hope)
You definitely need to test if after this hack you are still able to to
debug your binary, I did not go that far.

I hope that helped,

Michael