[fpc-pascal] Can't configure fppkg

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Wed Feb 13 16:49:08 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to configure fppkg, because seems that this is only way to
install GeckoPort version 2 (wiki.freepascal.org/GeckoPort_version2). I'm
using thos tips: wiki.freepascal.org/fppkg#Configuration . I have
CodeTyphon 4.0 so paths to FPC are different and can't configure it

What I did:
1. I added path to fpc binaries in linux PATH:
/usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc
2. First call of "fppkg list" created .fppkg directory (with /config
subdir) and .config/fppkg.cfg file
3. Changed .config/fppkg.cfg to:

[Defaults]
ConfigVersion=4
LocalRepository={UserDir}.fppkg/
BuildDir={LocalRepository}build/
ArchivesDir={LocalRepository}archives/
CompilerConfigDir={LocalRepository}config/
RemoteMirrors=http://www.freepascal.org/repository/mirrors.xml
RemoteRepository=auto
CompilerConfig=fpconf.cfg
FPMakeCompilerConfig=fpc.cfg
Downloader=lnet

4. I created file .fppkg/config/fpconf.cfg with values:

[Defaults]
ConfigVersion=4
GlobalPrefix=/usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc
LocalPrefix={LocalRepository}
Compiler=/usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc
OS=linux
CPU=x86_64
Version=2.7.1

5. And finally copy file /usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.cfg
to .fppkg/config/fpc.cfg
6. Now calling "fppkg list" return me:

Name Installed Available
embweb - 0.9.0-926
gecko - 2.9.0-3
jquery - 0.9.0-842
lazmkunit - 0.9.3-1
lnet - 0.6.4-2534
webdesign - 0.9.0-906

So it looks like it is working, but command "fppkg install gecko" return:

"The FPC Package tool encountered the following error:
[gecko] Package rtl <none> is not available"