[fpc-pascal] Announcing PUMA Repository

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Dec 14 21:52:15 CET 2013

On 12/14/2013 8:00 AM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 13 Dec 2013, at 21:33, waldo kitty wrote:
>
>> On 12/13/2013 3:12 PM, Johannes W. Dietrich wrote:
>>> Sorry, I cannot understand your message. Which software do I need to decode it?
>>
>> what you quoted is a MIME encoded block... the message headers should give you the information needed to decode it... your mail software should have decoded it for you...
>
> No, because the MIME header seems to be invalid.

thunderbird had no problem decoding the post...

> It should at least contain something like "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64",

i haven't found where this is required but i've not tried to dig into the RFCs
either... most of them give me massive headaches :(

> otherwise the mail client doesn't know it has to decode it.

see above... thunderbird had no problems with it... perhaps thunderbird analyzes
the info? i dunno but i showed the three content-* lines from the post...

> It seems more like that there's a buggy mail server in the path (there was no base64-encoded part in the message I received).

ummm... that strange block that you quoted was exactly that base64 encoded part!
i copied it exactly as you sent it and pasted it into the site i pointed you
to... some slight editing to remove the leading '> ' and then a li'l click on
their decode button and the text was shown exactly as thunderbird had decoded it
from the original message... the poster quoted your message and prefixed each
line with '> ', wrapped each line to ~75 characters, and then added their
message text below your quoted text...