[fpc-pascal] Access site from app with login and password using http

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Aug 29 09:18:20 CEST 2013

On 08/28/2013 10:07 PM, Osvaldo Filho wrote:
> Is there any example to access information on web site that requires
> authentication with login and password in form using http from a
> Lazarus application?

I used Synapse to access the web site of an embedded controller.

Using FireFox with a "developer" plugin, I analyzed the data exchange
between browser and server. (In fact here a cookie was involved,
supposedly to allow the server to do an automatic log out after some
idle time.)

After that I recreated the dialog in pascal code with Synapse HTTP
functions.

I suppose the details of the necessary actions to a successful login
might very between different sites.

-Michael