[fpc-pascal] Re: User-defined operators and dummy parameters

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sat Aug 10 17:54:20 CEST 2013

> I appreciate that I'm abusing the language here, but /should/ the original
implicit conversion have worked?

I don't know, but IMO it should. Well, a variant should be able to accept
any variant compatible type, right?

> Does there have to be an explicit destroy or similar?

Nope, dynamic arrays are reference counted. When you re-assign the variable
with a new array, reference count of the previous array reaches 0 and thus
automatically freed.