[fpc-pascal] mipsel status/direction?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 4 17:39:41 CEST 2013

On 04.08.2013 16:52, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> After getting fpcup going with a win32=>mipsel cross compiling module, I
> compiled a hello world type demo program (fpc trunk) which ran fine on
> an ancient router/modem.
>
> I know there were quite some developments in mipsel and just wanted to know:
> 1. if people are using the mipsel code already/how suitable it is for
> console (non-db, perhaps network) programs
> 2. if there are currently people working on subsystems that may improve
> things
>
> If mipsel is not ready yet, no problem, I'll limit my fiddling to my
> non-mips devices ;)

At least the nightly test suite results for MIPSel range from around 20
to around 60 failures which puts the target into a quite common area of
other targets (the main targets like i386 often have less than 20
failtures). Most packages might not have been tested with MIPSel though,
so your melage may vary.
Basically I'd say that you should just give it a go and maybe report
bugs if something fails :)

Regards,
Sven