[fpc-pascal] fpdoc project file: multiple output formats

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Apr 30 09:07:12 CEST 2013

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a fpdoc project file for fpGUI documentation. The project file
> idea works much better than a massive set of command line parameters. So
> kudos to whoever thought of the project file idea.

Well, I would be to blame for this.

> I just have one question though.... Can the project file manage two or
> more output formats? It is often the case that one will generate say
> INF, CHM, HTML etc docs. So how is the project file supposed to be setup
> for say INF and HTML output?

Currently not. I did not think about this. But I suppose it can be added, no problem.

But when I do domething like that, then only the backend options would be allowed
to differ. I see no need to put all options in backend-specific option sets:
the input files etc. should not differ per back-end.

A simpler solution could also be the support for an include of a separate file.
Then you could put common things (list of files) in one file, and create
top-level files per format you want to produce.

Michael.