[fpc-pascal] FPC_JVM compilation fails on trunk

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Apr 26 22:53:52 CEST 2013

On 26 Apr 2013, at 22:37, Torsten Bonde Christiansen wrote:

> I'm trying to follow this guide: http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM/Building
>
> But when i reach the point where i do the actual compilation fail
> with the following output:
>
> torsten at epidata:~/FreePascal/fpc-trunk$ make all crossinstall CROSSOPT="-O2 -g" CPU_TARGET=jvm OS_TARGET=android INSTALL_PREFIX=~/fpc

This command does not match what is written on the wiki page you refer to above.

> make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found

This means that no fpc binary can be found in the path. This error is unrelated to building the JVM compiler specifically, it will happen regardless of what kind of compiler you try to build. Did you perform a standard installation of FPC 2.6.2 and is its installation directory in your path?

Additionally, the merge of the 8086 branch broke several things in the compiler (but that's unrelated to the error you get above), so you may encounter other errors once you fix your configuration. For now, I would recommend sticking to r24323 of trunk (regardless of which platform you use).

Jonas