[fpc-pascal] Mipsel compilation: changing elf flags?!

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 19:54:56 CEST 2013

Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> See this forum thread:
> http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,20664.msg119960.html#msg119960
>
> Forum user ocye got mipsel binaries, but the ELF flags apparently need
> to be changed due to a bug in older Linux kernels.
>
> How can this be done?
> In addition, is there perhaps a compiler switch to manage this?

Interesting, there was somebody in (I think) fpc-devel a few months ago
with similar problems but we all rather went in circles.

Since Lemote appears to be using the compiler OK and since I think I've
had it running on (a Qemu emulation of) mipsel, I think that the problem
is that /some/ kernel builds are expecting a particular ELF header on
/some/ machine types. If OP could identify the correct parameter for ld
it might be possible to use fpc's -k option.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk