[fpc-pascal] LLVM (again)

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 15:18:48 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd <
markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> Sven Barth wrote:

>>> If you would have read the discussion about LLVM you would know that
>>> emscripten was the reason that it was brought up the last time... ;)

Hi,
for this particular topic Hedgewars has developed a (simple) Pascal to C
converter that enables the graphical engine to work with webgl/html5 using
the very tool you mentioned. The demo was working fine but then then
something changed in the IDB APIs and so it stopped working (and hasn't yet
been updated) but in case you still have a Firefox 14 you can check it out
here: http://hedgewars.org/hwjs/hwjs.html

The converter is written in Haskell (yay obscure languages) and is tailored
for Hedgewars sources, and only because we use a minimal subset of the
Pascal language we can do so. You can check out the tool here
https://code.google.com/p/hedgewars/source/browse/?name=webgl#hg%2Ftools%2Fpas2cand
a small rtl in C
https://code.google.com/p/hedgewars/source/browse/?name=webgl#hg%2Fproject_files%2Fhwc%2Frtl.
Feel free to use it and improve it if you need, it's all GPL2
licensed.

That being said, LLVM or asm.js implemented directly in Freepascal would be
awesome :)
Cheers,
Vittorio