[fpc-pascal] Re: Correct way for partial generic specialization

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Wed Apr 17 02:11:25 CEST 2013

> This must only work if you write "generic TType2  =...". Otherwise this is
a bug.

The code should have it, I missed it when copypaste-ing.

> One can argue however that the following should be valid as well (AFAIK it
> is not currently):

Yes, this is my original question. Let me rephrase:

Having this declaration:

type
  generic TType1<A,B> = class end;

Why the following is not valid:

  generic TType2  = specialize TType1<A,String>;

but this one is:

  generic TType2  = class(specialize TType1<A,String>) end;

?

Is it possible to do partial generic specialization without the need of
inheritance?