[fpc-pascal] why connect is "deprecated"

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Apr 16 11:57:16 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Victor Campillo said:

> I think that Connect was replaced by fpconnect that is more cross
> platform, so you should use fpconnect instead of Connect.
> The same happens with the other sockets functions like Accept, Bind,
> etc. You should use fpaccept, fpbind, etc.
>
> See unit rtl/inc/socketsh.inc

That is the general idea yes, but the non fp versions have already mostly
been removed in 2.6.0 and +.

The "text" versions however were never updated because IMHO they were ill
defined, and bugreports about them lingered forever.

So I deprecated them pending a review. Maybe it is wise to remove them in
2.8.0 if by then nothing has happened. I made a note about it.