[fpc-pascal] why connect is "deprecated"

Victor Campillo victor.campillo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 11:47:17 CEST 2013

On 16/04/13 11:12, Xiangrong Fang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to write a tcp client (redis) in free pascal, and found
> this function marked as deprecated:
>
> Function Connect(Sock:longint;const addr:TInetSockAddr;var
> SockIn,SockOut:text):Boolean; deprecated;
>
> My question is, why it is deprecated, or, what is the replacement for
> this function?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

I think that Connect was replaced by fpconnect that is more cross
platform, so you should use fpconnect instead of Connect.
The same happens with the other sockets functions like Accept, Bind,
etc. You should use fpaccept, fpbind, etc.

See unit rtl/inc/socketsh.inc

Best Regards.

--
Victor Campillo