[fpc-pascal] Array assignment, and not-a-number

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 16 07:53:52 CEST 2013

Am 15.04.2013 22:32 schrieb "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <
markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk>:

> Sven Barth wrote:
>
>>> That's a good point, although obviously ordering would be lost. After
>>> I'd tinkered with it for a while I concluded that it was probably
>>> related to the discussion of tuples a few weeks ago.
>>

>> Not really.
>>
>> Also the principial components are already available in the compiler so
in theory (!) one could implement this. Array constructors (the "[...]"
notation) is already used for open array parameters

> Although if I understand things correctly that's for the specific case of
a parameter passed to a procedure of function, not for the operand of a
redefined operator such as := even though the definition looks like a
function.

Both are parsed using the expression parser... I would even go that far to
say that it's "just" the type checking in the assignment code that doesn't
handle such array assignments yet (and yes, this is a bit simplified
compared to the real situation ^^)

Regards,
Sven