[fpc-pascal] DBF components are maintained now

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 09:39:13 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-03 07:09, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> Just wanted to let you know about
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk#TDBF_unit_deprecation_removed

Nice, thanks for that. I have plans on possibly using DBF on ARM based
systems (and adding support to tiOPF). DBF is the only "server" I know
that you can compile into FPC executables - no dependencies. Loosing
that would be a shame. I wasn't aware of the alignment bug. I don't mind
helping in solving the outstanding DBF bugs, as it will be beneficial
for my work too. I'll take a look.

> Currently I'm adding test cases to dbtestframework and verifying if
> other existing tests apply to the dbf units, so the dbase units can be
> regression tested.

Brilliant idea. Without a descent testing suite, it is hard avoiding
regression bugs.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/