[fpc-pascal] Problem using Free-Pascal in Win98

Chuck H Wilson chuck_wilson1 at juno.com
Wed Apr 3 10:12:25 CEST 2013

To whom it may concern:

I've downloaded two versions of Free Pascal, version number "2.6.0" and
version number "2.6.2", both exhibit the same problem.  Also, I've loaded
the very same two versions onto MS-WndowsXP Pro, and both versions work
just fine (no problem exhibited).  Here is how the problem shows itself:

In Win98, whenever I turn "Caps-lock" on, the behavior I get is as
thought I'm holding down the shift key, that is to say, the "Caps-lock"
key behaves as though it's a "Shift-lock" key.  If while "Caps-lock" is
active, if I press "Shift-9", in an attempt to get a "Left parenthesis",
I get a "9".  If while "Caps-lock" is active, I press just the "9" key, I
get "Left parenthesis".

This undesirable behavior is the same for all keys that require a "Shift"
in order to get the upper character that is printed on the key.  As I
stated earlier, this problem does not occur under WinXP.

Is there a fix for this bug?  Please respond via E-mail,

ChuckW.
How to Sleep Like a Rock
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/515bd710e0bc570f0f03st01duc