[fpc-pascal] libusb header translation and OOP wrapper

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:15:06 CEST 2012

2012/9/25 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>:

> Thanks for the tip, but Git is *not* difficult to use. To cover the average
> developer workflow, you need like 3-4 commands max. If you can't remember 4
> commands, then you have bigger issues than git.

I know that git is not as complicated as it initially seems but by
default it is doing its best to be as cryptic, strange behaving and
unaccessible as possible. I almost believe Linus did this on purpose.
It needed easygit to finally make me comfortable with git and see its
advantages.

For example

svn commit

versus

git status
git stage whatever needs to be staged
git commit

or

git commit -a

versus

eg commit

eg commit is much more intelligent, it will immediately commit -a if
it detects that there is nothing staged yet but it will warn and ask
you when it detects unstaged changes and something  else *is* already
staged.

then there are subtle differences regarding which remote branches to
pull from and push to by default, git has some totally unintuitive
defaults and surprising behavior for many things while eg would just
do the right thing[TM].

and btw the git help you mentioned is the worst help I have seen so
far in the last 30 years. Try eg help to see how helpful help needs to
look like.