[fpc-pascal] Re: SDFDataset users!?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:26:39 CEST 2012

Am 25.09.2012 07:56, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:

>>> The only problem I have with TSDFDataset is the following issue related
>>> to more strict CPU targets: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22964
>> I meant this: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17871
>
> Thanks, Sven,
>
> Perhaps the modified testsdf.pp could be added to the db test suite
> (packages\fcl-db\test), but I suppose some writelns need to be replaced
> by conditional functions (the writelns can be handy when running some
> tests).
> I suppose the db test suite doesn't run at all on wince?

I never tested it, so I can't tell. For the normal FPC test suite there
is the possiblity to "cross run" it using either SSH or an emulator...
and for WinCE there is the following description in the readme:

=== text begin ===

Example cross testing of target arm-wince
//arm-wince example:
see FPCTRUNK\DEMO\WINCE\TESTEMU\ for additionally required tools
Connect your device via ActiveSync and execute:

   make TEST_FPC=ppcrossarm TEST_CPU_TARGET=arm TEST_OS_TARGET=wince \
        TEST_OPT="-XParm-wince- -WC -Xs" \
        EMULATOR=MyDisc:\My\Path\to\wcetemu.exe

Tests will be performed in the \fpctests folder on the device.

=== text end ===

[though I don't know in what state the test emulator is...]

Regards,
Sven