[fpc-pascal] Re: SDFDataset users!?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Sep 24 19:49:23 CEST 2012

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Ludo Brands wrote:

>>> Is there some defined on-disk format that sdfdataset should be
>>> following?
>>
>> As I understood it, it is either fixed length or CSV.
>> CSV as in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180
>>

> That is in contradiction with the existing implementation as well as the
> following comments following comments in SDFData.pp
>
> 14/Ago/01  Version 2.00 (Orlando Arrocha)
>           John Dung Nguyen showed me how to make this compatible with

You are erroneously assuming I actually read the comments.

> C-Builder
>
> and
>
>      Delimiter property added to TSdfDataSet. No more dependency on
> CommaText
>         methodology -- choose your own delimiter.
>

> Is fpc promoting version 77 of the sdf definition?

I added TSDFDataset to FPC because it added an implementation of CSV
and fixed format data, because this is how I had used them.
That's all I cared about. I had never heard of SDF as a data format.
At the time, I probably assumed SDF were the initials of the author or so.

Michael.