[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.6.1

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 10:18:32 CEST 2012

Tony Whyman wrote:
> Can someone please tell me where 2.6.1 comes from and what its status
> is? The FPC website still has 2.6.0 as the official release. On the
> other hand, some of the Lazarus snapshots include 2.6.1., but only for
> Windows targets.

Since the list seems to be fairly quiet this morning, and liable to
correction from anybody more experienced: 2.6.1 is a development version
that might become 2.6.2, i.e. 2.6 "fixes". 2.7 might become 2.8, this is
based on the convention that an odd number is always a development
version. Lazarus 1.0 builds with 2.6.0, Lazarus "trunk" now builds with
2.7.1 although I believe that the core developers have put a lot of
effort into stabilising this over the last few days.

> One thing I do need to confirm is which of the FCL changes in 2.7.1
> appear in 2.6.1. I have a particular issue with a type change in the DB
> unit where TBookmark changes from a pointer to a TByte, and I need to
> track the version number change in units that depend on this.

I think that's going to need attention from a core developer/manager.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk