[fpc-pascal] FPC + fpGUI + Raspberry Pi = fantastic

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 12:08:59 CEST 2012

On 14/09/12 09:10, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> I don't believe you've mentioned Maximus here before, does it pull in
> the form designer etc.?

Maximus is very basic at the moment. A project manager, syntax
highlighting in editor, macro support in the settings dialogs, Find and
Procedure List (filtered searching of current unit), build groups etc.

No debugging, code completion, code templates or code navigation yet. I
still need to figure out how to integrate fcl-passrc parser to enable
such features. At the moment the goal of Maximus is more an "advanced
demo", than a full feature IDE. I like the idea of fpGUI being
independent of any IDE.

> I wonder whether it would run on Solaris 8 which
> doesn't have some of the libraries required for Lazarus?

I've tested in OpenSolaris 2009 release, but I don't have Solaris 8 to
try. I can say that I have run fpGUI executables under Linux SUSE 9.0
(almost 10 year old distro) too, without any issues. fpGUI only needs
the most basic X11 and Xft libraries - nothing else. This makes it work
on just about any system that can run X11.

Regards,
   - Graeme -