[fpc-pascal] Firebird: bulk insert performance: suggestions?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 21:05:00 CEST 2012

On 08/09/12 06:31, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> It depends on the reaction time of the network because AFAIK there is a
> roundtrip for every inserted record...

I didn't commit the transaction after every record. I first tried in a
batch of 10000 records per transaction. Later I even bumped that up
more, and still no problems.

Anyway, that code isn't used too much in our product - it is only used
for data conversion from our old system to our new system. So normally
only needed once per setup.

Regards,
   - Graeme -