[fpc-pascal] Re: About Putting everything in one repo

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 14:30:52 CEST 2012

On 2-9-2012 14:10, Zaher Dirkey wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Reinier Olislagers
> <reinierolislagers-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
> <mailto:reinierolislagers-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>> wrote:
>
>     It's a branch in the svn repository. And Lazarus builds based on fixes
>     2.6 appear on the snapshots page. For Linux/OSX, you'll probably find
>     those on the snapshots page.
>     For fpc only: see also
>     http://www.freepascal.org/develop.var
>
>     Anyway, I'd rather use svn - of course, in my case fpcup ;) because I
>     don't want to download the entire distribution all the time, only the
>     changes.
>

> It is for expert user not for normal user.
Nothing difficult in running fpcup ;)
Regardlessly, have a look at the pages I linked to for the nightly download.

>     > And is it have the last fixed for this kind of non core packages?
>     It has the last fixes that were considered stable and were backported
>     for all FPC packages.
>

> So, i prefer to make fixes snapshots in the main downloads page but with
> minor version number like this 2.6.0.1, because: how can i publish my
> project and mentioned what snapshot must used to work or compiled?.
If the fixes branch breaks it needs to be... fixed.
Because only fixes, no new functionality, are backported to FPC fixes
after having been tested for a while in FPC trunk, that shouldn't happen
very much.

Apart from that I don't really understand. Are you saying you want to
maintain your own FPC distribution that contains fixes so people can use
it to compile your software?

Sounds like a lot of work.