[fpc-pascal] Re: Editing resource of executable

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 02:31:32 CEST 2012

On 01/09/12 01:18, waldo kitty wrote:
> true... but as i recall, one of the goals of this capability was to not
> have extra files laying about... i remember the days of dongles and
> never liked them at all...

+1
I hated those dongles too.

The OnGuard code we use, I simply store the unique unlock code in the
same .ini file I store other application settings like window position
and size in the GetAppConfigDir() location. You can even have a site
unlock key, where the unlock code is then stored in the database (if
your app is a Client/Server app). Thus if one client is unlocked, all
other clients are automatically good to go.

    Graeme.