[fpc-pascal] Resource compiler under Linux - windres?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 02:03:05 CEST 2012

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a 'winres' for non-Windows platforms? How
do I compile *.rc files into *.res files under Linux, FreeBSD etc? Or
does Linux/*BSD executables simply not support such resources?

Or can FPC somehow compile/convert *.rc files into *.res files for all
non-Windows platforms? If so, how do I do it.

A developer in the fpgui.support newsgroup mentioned the following, but
I can't find any such executables for OpenSUSE 12.1 64-bit.

---------[ forward ]-----------------
On windows windres is in fpc bin folder.
On linux windres is part of mingw32-binutils package (to install on ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install mingw32-binutils)
But notice that by default name can have some prefix. After install call
this
commands:
1. sudo updatedb
2. locate *windres*