[fpc-pascal] Xcode

印場 乃亜 shiruba at galapagossoftware.com
Mon Oct 29 05:15:06 CET 2012

Hi,

Even for me (and I have installed FPC / Lazarus on Mac like 100 times now), things are mysterious sometimes.

I upgraded my 10.7 laptop to 10.8, and the existing lazarus/ FPC, and XCode continued to work fine, despite reading various places that upon upgrading, the Unix Tools would be deleted.

When I decided to upgrade my Lazarus to 1.1 (with the appropriate FPC/FPCSource), I got errors that Unix Tools were not installed, though.  I upgraded to the latest XCode and still no-go.  (There really should be an "Ignore - Install anyway" option in the installer).  Then I found that upgrading XCode /did/ delete the Unix Tools links.  The installer mentions selecting the "Unix Tools" option, but the App Store based XCode installer has no such option.  I found the binaries inside the application bundle and manually linked them to where the installer was looking, and then all worked well.

Currently, a beginner user who just wants to use Lazarus has to:
a. Download a multi gigabyte XCode install just for a few MB of binaries.
b. Know what binaries the FPC installer is looking for, where they will be, and where the installer wants them to be.  (And make the Sym Link).

 Thank you,
     Noah Silva