[fpc-pascal] releasing commercial components as PPU files

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:59:16 CEST 2012

2012/10/22 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>:
> On 2012-10-22 14:36, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure whether they use the binary release of fpc, or if they compile
>> their own for e.g. windows. If it is the latter, you're in problems.
>

> Anybody from the Lazarus development team that can comment here?

I am more optimistic than Michael. Because the same source is used,
the CRC is the same and no recompile is done.

So, as long they use unmodified RTL, FCL, (and LCL, if the component
depends on it), then there is no problem.

For use in the IDE, the interface of the source should be made available:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Packages#Creating_a_closed_sourced_package

Vincent