[fpc-pascal] problems compiling FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 12:24:34 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-17 10:15, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> See http://www.mail-archive.com/..../msg25868.html and the rest of
> the thread.

[embarrassed] Clearly my age is starting to show. :-) How do you find
this old messages in any case.

Your concern about cross-compiling could be an exception - FPC version
restriction is not applied in such cases. Cross-compiling in by far the
less used option. Most people that complain about this issue is simply
trying to compile a new FPC version for their current target.

The --force or --ignore-fpc-version option could still help those corner
cases, like new platforms where a previous released version did not
exist. The developers working on such features should know what they are
doing anyway, so fits in with my earlier statement too.

Regards,
  - Graeme -