[fpc-pascal] fphttpclient close connection?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Oct 16 20:25:59 CEST 2012

On 10/16/2012 02:36, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, waldo kitty wrote:
>

>> i've noted that fphttpclient has a DefaultTimeout of 15 minutes... how can i
>> close the connection after all data is received?
>
> That should happen by itself ? Keeping the connection open is currently not
> supported.

oh... ok... when i get a URL, the program sits long after the file has
arrived... i assume it is stuck or something in the GET routine... i've been
having to CTRL-C to stop the program and i don't see the returned headers at
that point... the output file is properly written...

when i

   AddHeader(fieldConnection,'close');

it terminates the GET as soon as the file has arrived and the headers are
shown... the server being tested against has keep-alive on by default...

> The DefaultTimeOut is definitely not a property of the http client.

i thought it was used in some routines for connecting and receiving data... my
bad...