[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.6.2 rc1

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Nov 28 10:22:16 CET 2012

In our previous episode, Bart said:
> >   I have uploaded a fpc-2.6.2rc1.i386-win95.exe
> > ,in the same directory beta/2.6.2-rc1/i386-win32,
> > that was generated using -dSUPPORT_WIN95 option
> > and "inno setup 5".
>
> You mean fpc has win95 support?
> I thought only win98/winme were still supported?

Afaik win9x is still formally not supported in the 2.6.x series, but after
the discussion in the 2.6.0 RC trajectory, some members did some fixes, and
introduced the SUPPORT_* directive to have some parts that are NT only win9x
again. But that doesn't make it supported again.

> I installed rc1 (as is) on win7, thenjust copied the entire stuff to
> my WinMe machine, adjusted some paths, and the thing (the compiler)
> seems to run OK.

Probably the differences are in the unicode manager.