[fpc-pascal] A simple HTTP request with FPC standard units

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Nov 24 09:52:00 CET 2012

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012, luciano de souza wrote:

> Among its hundreds of units, the Freepascal always keeps surprises for
> us. FPHTTPClient was a pleasant surprise.
> The talk has followed freely and perhaps my question has been skipped:
> is there Freepascal native routines to deal with SMTP protocol? In
> other words, is there a native way to send an e-mail with Freepascal?

There are no FPC-provided native freepascal routines for this, but I see Paul
Breneman has provided an alternative.

Contributions are welcome.
It is mostly lack of time that keeps us from implementing these things.
As far as I know, SMTP is a fairly simple protocol, probably it is not
too hard to implement.

Michael.